How to best use Nature Based Solutions and Biodiversity in your resilience work!
Abstract: This session will provide participants with ideas on how to better integrate NBS into their resilience work, with a due focus on the biodiversity angle and value of this. Concretely, due to excitement on the topic, they would want to walk straight on to the national focal point for the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) in their country, to influence them to push for NBS to get a firmer place in the CBD convention & implementation of the action plan.
Participants do want to come to this session to learn more/the basics on the CBD convention and its links to other international frameworks; to hear how the 2 key global networks on Eco-system based DRR / CCA (PEDRR and FEBA) are lobbying the CBD with a joint policy paper to promote Nature-based Solutions in the post-2020 CBD Framework; and to hear from fellow-PfR NGOs how they use the CBD/NBS to advance their work and the international CBD convention. An interactive discussion with the participants will be held. Conclusions will be drawn from it.
- Nathalie Doswald, PhD, EbA and Eco-DRR Expert - PEDRR/UNEP
- Susan Lusiana, PfR/Wetlands International Indonesia
- Jeroen Jurriens - Program Manager Community Resiliene Wetlands International
- Simone Sandholz, Senior Researcher and Lecturer, United Nations University - Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS)
Time Slot: 10:00 - 11:15 CET
- Dialogue and Dissent Strengthening the capacity of civil society to engage in dialogues with stakeholders for improved disaster risk reduction policies, practices, and investments.
- Up-scaling Eco-DRR Increasing communities resilience and reducing disaster risks through ecosystem-based solutions.