Our policy influencing journey: The climate change bill - PfR Uganda
To highlight the achievements by PfR in the Climate Change bill development process. Participants will be treated to an ignite session with different presenters elaborating on different acievements and how they were achieved, such as:
- Strength of the partnership
- Roles of different partners
- The role of the media
- The contribution of the evidence based advocacy
- The role of capacity strengthening of civil society (taking along line ministries and local governments)
- Challenges faced
This is interesting especially in situations where some stakeholders were not earmarked in the beginning, (e.g., the media) but proved key capcity strengthening of government institutions. The session will highlight how important each stakeholder is and the need for revision of the theory of change from time to time to remain relevant and achieve set objectives. After the ignite, there will be a question and answer session.
- Rachel Kyozira Kaleebi, Country Lead for PfR Uganda, CORDAID
Time Slot: 16:00 - 16:15 CET
- Dialogue and Dissent Strengthening the capacity of civil society to engage in dialogues with stakeholders for improved disaster risk reduction policies, practices, and investments.
- Up-scaling Eco-DRR Increasing communities resilience and reducing disaster risks through ecosystem-based solutions.